Saturday, March 15, 2014

Portable External usb Hard Drives - Looking for One for Your Picture?


Portable USB Computer drives - Do Outdoor Photographers Need to One?

Have you been thinking about buying and using a portable USB hard drive in your business and home computing data protecting?

I am a Backyard and Outdoor Photographer, and I needed a way to download all of the top file format RAW pics captures I take furthermore , when on an extended away from home photo shoot.

I was initially bringing additional CF cards and swapping them out when full. This worked OK for the initial few away shoots but the price for numerous high capacity CF cards began to hit the budget detrimentally. I started to purchase a way to store great files of data on one device without keeping a pocket filled with storage cards.

I had some requirements that needed to be met for the database I needed:



  • Reasonable Cost


  • Light weight


  • Portable dependant on minimum moving parts


  • Fast call us today speeds


  • Reliable power supply


  • Easy just to use


  • Easy to discover how to software


  • Compatible with many other computer platforms (MAC while offering PC)


I also to be able to answer the question "Do I truly need one? "

The high capacity CF cards were running into the multiple hundreds interesting dollars. They were preferred and didn't weigh info on, but it was a challenge keeping them organized. Additionally to, I had to wait till I got home to invest in the files, tying within data cards until they were emptied and reformatted.

I was bringing my pc on almost every adopt, and it helped more the CF cards rinsed nightly at camp and the hotel. There was one problem though. With the programs and data we have had on my laptop I can tell that my system data started to fill, and also operated much slower whether it had to manage all that data.

The portable hard drive have started to look like a cure for my needs. After a few months of searching the chat rooms and blogs I caved. I aquired one and have never looked back at all the decision.

These are the strong points I have discovered using my external hard drive for my photography for downloading:

Cost: I paid not more than $120. 00 for my 1TB portable external hard disk. CF cards that that you can held a slight section of the hard drives capacity cost me multiple hundreds of man or women.

Size: Physically, the one that I bought considered same size as a music player. Fits easily in an illustration pocket, or in my camera bag in a tiny side compartment.

Ease useful and reliable software: Mine was just plug and go. It as being came preloaded with personal pc that allowed automatic rather than scheduled downloads and backups. The system is password protected if you value, and can be partitioned for different storage needs and diet strategy uses.

Download and write speeds: The hard drives comes with an various write speeds, and one that I bought was a fast 5400X. This speed more than meets my needs to do a fast and dependable transfer and download. This also works on both my MAC and laptop computer.

Power source: Most light-weight portables are USB incurred, meaning that your netbook USB port provides your favorite power needed for the external hard disk. This is convenient in that you don't carry additional batteries, in front of you, it will drain your pc battery a little faster the particular using only portable power on your personal computer.

Am I happy inside portable hard drive?

I have gotten one now for 5 months, and I wonder it it took so long will be able to add one of these types of my equipment bag. I adore it.

It is subtle, fast, has more storage ease of any application that I will put it on for. It will be a "required" section of gear anytime I continue to keep an extended photo jiggle.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment